Friday, February 6, 2009

Hi

I’m in the train heading to Vannes to enjoy a week with my parents and bro’s. I took my laptop so I can play a bit, although I know I won’t play as much as if I would be in Paris. Anyway, it’s always a pleasure to leave Paris (even if Paris still is the best city in the world imo) to travel, it is prolly one of the best aspect of being a poker pro player.

Let’s talk about poker now. Febuary has gone fine so far, I have not played as much hand as I would like to but I’m like 17k up for 10k hands. Mainly thanks to a good run (4 or 5k above the expection, poker is easy), it looks I’m on pace to do better than January and according to table ratings I believe I’m #1 600nl FR on stars for the month so far.

I also started to coach/stake a French player. I wanted to get involved with 3 students but even with one (plus 2 guy I exclusively coach however), I feel like I can’t play as I would like to. Results in terms of $ don’t show up yet but I’m confident they will soon. We started at 50nl and we are now at 100nl, I hope we will go up to 400nl, I would be really proud of him.

Next week, I leave Vannes for Bordeaux to enjoy a week with friends. It’s funny because Vannes is a small town (50k habitants) and Bordeaux is much bigger (3 or 400k habitants I believe) and these towns are going to meet them eachother for the finale of coupe de la ligue in Paris (a soccer competition). I don’t particuraly like Vannes (tho I spent most years of my life) but because a friend has been supporting Bordeaux for his whole life, I will probably be rooting for Vannes, I hope we will have some ridiculous prop bet for this game. I’m looking forward to keep you updated.

Also, next month, I’m considering leaving for Thailand for a month and a half. Some French players are there atm. I remember when I left school 3 or 4 month ago to play poker for a living, I told my parents and friends that I will enjoy having free time to travel the most I could. I guess it’s a good way to prove them I was not lying. Obviously, being in Thailand would be the best to make money given I would be able to play a lot.

The Thailand opportunity reminds me that time is counted. College inscriptions are soon and I feel like I have been wasting time so far. I still have 7 months of course to do whatever I want before going back to school. I hope I won’t waste them.

bb

No comments: