Friday, August 21, 2009

Buenos aires round 3

Hey

In this entry, I'll deal with how august has gone, with how I'd like too see it going and with my plans for September.

I withdrawed all my monie from PS (or near, I just keep enough so I can win that sunday million one time) and deposited on iPoker and onGame. Games a easier, plenty of fishs, less regs and they are more or less easier to deal with. I now have 50% rakeback which is a huge addition to my winrate.

I'm in Montpellier right now with my DUDE Alex. We put a ton of hands and we both have great results (he made a nice 17 buy in yesterday, congrats). I'm 7.5k up since I'm here which makes me feel good and confident and to be honest, self-confidence is the key to be sucessful at poker.

I'm in the green for August and I hope I can end this month up close of 10k (rakeback included). 5k to go which is doable if I find my balls back to only play at 2/4+. My huge downswing last month affected me so much that doing a steady grind at 1/2 was all I could handle. But I don't plan of grinding 1/2 for life. I don't want my grand son remembers ADZ122 as the guy who played 1/2 for life coz he was a pussy. I want him to remember ADZ122 as the one won a 31k pot at 25/50.

At the beginning of September, I will go directly from Montpellier to Cannes. I go there for vacation, a friend of mine has a room at the 3.14 (an hotel if you did not guess) and the final partouche poker tour will be held at the same time. There will be pretty much all the french poker community and it should be fun.

AND HERE THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.... I -finally- booked my flight ticket and my apartment in Buenos aires. I can't wait for it but at the same time, I'm hugely stressed about it. Here is the picture : I will arrive in a huge city of 13 millions habitants without talking a single word of Spanish (except maybe OLA QUETAL LA SENORITA). Hopefuly, there is a big and solidary 2+2 community around there so I won't be that alone. I want this 9 months trip to be what I'll remember of my years as a poker pro and I'll do a ton of effort to discover another culture (even if BsAs is probably the most european city in South America) and learn another language.

I'll update that entry with pics of my futur apartment (I rent it for the first month coz I wanna find a place better to me when I'm in city).

cya guys, take care, make a lot of moni and enjoy



Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful pic of Puerto Madero!
I spent a great time last month in Buenos Aires. I rented a furnished apartment in Recoleta, Buenos Aires, near the down town. I suggest that service called ForRent Argentina: Buenos Aires apartments For Rent
Bye everyone,
Fred

hi_THERE said...

this is where I booked my first apartment. Only issue : they want to get paid at the check in for the full amounth of the stay. Which is annoying coz I don't like traveling with 20k in cash.